Why I Let My Kids Watch The Big Bang Theory
(#5 was “It’s okay to be smart”)
6. …but it’s not okay to tell everyone
Sheldon’s mom told him when he was a little boy, “Because people don’t want to hear it!”
7. It’s okay to make mistakes. If you make a mistake, apologize.
In The Apology Insufficiency, Sheldon accidentally ruins Howard’s chance to become an astronaut.
8. There is such a thing as too many cats
See The Zazzy Substitution.
9. True friends stick by you no matter what
Watch the series. See how many times:
* Sheldon insults his friends but they still remain his friends
* they defend each other from a cyber bully, Penny’s ex-boyfriend, and Wil Wheaton
* they take care of each other when one is sick (except when the boys make Penny look after a sick Sheldon)
* they help each other through tough times like break-ups and broken Star Trek toys
10. Sometimes songs will make you feel better although my kids will tell you that Soft Kitty is only for when you’re sick.