So over on Wife of a Sailor (http://wifeofasailor.com; I still don’t know how to make that blue link appear), Wife posts questions for other bloggers to answer on their own military spouse blogs. (Still with me so far?) And since I still don’t want to declutter the living room, I thought this might be fun to fill out while I’m still pretending to rest with my eyes closed.
Feel free to put on your own blogs and/or comment with your own answers. Have a great weekend!
1. What is one of the things you always do special when your husband returns from a deployment?
I always ask him, “Do you want to go to Taco Bell?”
2. What do you do to help your spouse and/or yourself re-adjust after a deployment or long separation?
We just take a break from everything. Sometimes we pulled our son out of kindergarten. Chores take a back burner. We revisit his old favorite restaurants. Put the kids to bed early one night, rent some DVDs, and rearrange furniture. Also, my husband is really good about sending me away for frequent breaks, i.e. bookstore, Starbucks, and/or pedicures (also known as My Trinity of All That is Good Right Now).
3. Are you a crazy coupon clipper (I’m becoming one, so share your secrets with me)?
No. I’m more of a clearance rack scrounger.
4. What’s your most treasured memory of you and your spouse (not counting your wedding – that’s a given)?
A month after we started dating, I went over to his apartment before we went out to dinner. He handed me a bouquet of roses. It was so unexpected, this small but sweet gesture. He told me he walked home from class, walked past the Safeway out in Pacific Grove, but doubled back to the store. His reason? He felt like buying me flowers. That was the moment I thought, “Hmmmm…”
5. If you could live anywhere overseas, what would you pick and why?
Anywhere is fine with me! We’ve only been stationed in the south and while very exotic compared to California, I would love the chance to go overseas.